Monday, March 3, 2014

Restoration starts: u-joint

Ms Elly is still in Florida but I managed to find a u-joint on eBay for her. The u-joint and a few more parts are the only critical parts missing for the project so I figure I'd get a head start. Once again eBay comes to the rescue, I found an old one for about $80 Vs. $330+ for a new one. Will it need to be rebuilt? You bet but that is the whole point, I have skills and I will make the time, what I lack is money since this is really a side-project and I already own a motorcycle and let's face it, nobody needs one, let alone two, it is a hobby :-)

I just took apart the first of two crosses of the u joint. Yep, it definitely needs replacing, look at some of those groves in the cross pins', wow. They are supposed to be smooth!

Will post updates once I make more progress on this....

No comments:

Post a Comment